Friday, June 17, 2011

What I do to stay in shape.

If you read my first post, you already know that I have finished one full round of p90x and I also drink Shakeology every day (that's right, every day). But that's not all I do to stay healthy and fit. Before I discovered Beachbody I took a class called Mama Wants Her Body Back. Body Back is a class from the Stroller Strides franchise that you take sans baby. It's boot camp style and it's intense, and it's combined with a low carb diet similar to Weight Watchers. After I got my body back (lost 20lbs!) I started incorporating p90x into my workout schedule. I also trained recently to be a Stroller Strides instructor and I'm excited to be able to share my love of fitness with other moms in my community. The enormous library of Beachbody DVDs allows me to continue to challenge myself and improve my level of fitness so that I can be a good role model for the moms that I interact with in class. If you are a new mom interested in getting in shape, meeting other moms, and taking a class that allows you to exercise with your baby in a stroller, check out Stroller Strides to find a class near you.

I mentioned that Body Back included a Weight Watcher's style low carb diet. After I finished my first Body Back class I started following the official Weight Watchers plan with the new Points Plus system. I recently started tracking my points again (this past Tuesday) because I need to get back on track. Weight Watchers is a lifestyle change, it's not just a temporary solution to weight loss. I can't ever go back to eating pasta 7 nights a week or having dessert after every meal. It's not healthy and thanks to Shakeology, I don't crave sweets nearly as much as I used to. Sometimes when I mention food I will also mention how many "points" it has. When I say "points" I mean Weight Watchers Plus points. By the way, Shakeology has only THREE points! All those vitamins and loads of nutrition with only 3 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment